Compare active ingredient to Imodium® A-D
Clinically proven for control and symptomatic relief of acute non-specific diarrhea.
- Controls the symptoms of diarrhea, including Travelers diarrhea.
- Unit dose, tamper-evident dual layer foil packets
- English and Spanish labeling where possible
Each caplet contains:
Loperamide HCl 2mg
Active ingredient (in each caplet): Loperamide Hydrochloride 2mg
anhydrous lactose, croscarmellose sodium, crospovidone, D&C Yellow # 10, FD&C Blue # 1, hydrogenated vegetable oil, magnesium stearate, powdered cellulose, pregelatinized starch
Allergy alert: Do not use if you have ever had a rash or other allergic reaction to Loperamide HCl
Do not use
- if you have bloody or black stool
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- a fever
- mucus in stool
- a history of liver disease
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are
When using this product
- tiredness, drowsiness or dizziness may occur
- be careful when driving or operating machinery
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- symptoms get worse
- diarrhea lasts more than 2 days
- you get abdominal swelling or bulging. These may be signs of a serious condition.
If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep this and all drugs out of the reach of children. In case of accidental overdose, contact a physician or Poison Control Center right away.
- do not use more than directed
- drink plenty of clear fluids to help prevent dehydration caused by diarrhea
Adults and children: (12 years and older) Take 2 caplets after the first loose stool followed by 1 caplet after each subsequent loose stool but no more than 4 caplets in 24 hours.
Children under 12 years: Do not give to children under 12 years of age.
- store at room temperature 68- 77º F (20-25ºC)
- tamper-evident sealed packets
- do not use any opened or torn packets
Imodium® is a registered trademark of McNeil Consumer Healthcare.